And the Bathroom Gets Demolished... Before


Downstairs bathroom before, can you dig it?
 
 
My kids think this is a garage door...
Our first adventure involves demo, lots of demo!  Needless to say, it is (very) hard work and my husband continues to amaze me.  My son is working hard, too.  The downstairs bathroom is a total gut.  Down to the bare board walls.  The amount of wood in these old homes is astounding, there is a reason it is still standing.  This bathroom has one entrance from the hallway and one from the master bedroom.  Someday we hope to add a dedicated master bathroom but for now we are more than happy to share.  It definitely beats sharing the one bathroom we have in our current house...


You can't beat a flesh toned bathtub and multicolored cultured marble, that's perrrrttttyyy


The current bathroom decor leaves a little something to be desired.  It appears to have been done in the 1980's and I'm sure a lot of thought went into it.  Especially the tile floors.  Ask my husband how much fun he had with a jackhammer tearing up the 2 inches of concrete beneath the tile.  I don't think he was expecting that!  There is a lot to be said for doing things in a way that are meant to last... unless you are trying to demo it.  


OK, so the tile isn't too bad.  But it's gotta go!

Today, I am thankful for modern bathrooms.  No trips to the outhouse for me!  Check back tomorrow for demo pics.  Until then, take a minute to think of 5 things that you are grateful for today!

Everyone should have a big window above the toilet, just saying...

Comments

  1. Wonderful blog, Jen!!! LOVING it!!! Gotta live a demo! Looking forward to tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Popular Posts