That time I remembered I once had a blog...

 January 2021. Yes, this is the right time to do the thing. Do the thing I have forgotten, avoided, purposefully tucked away into the long lost and hopefully hidden blogosphere.  DO THE THING. 

The thing that scares me most. Putting myself out there. If you know me personally, then you know. Let me just back up a bit and maybe, just maybe, you'll see what I mean. 

9 years ago, my husband and I bought a house and it wasn't just any old house. A 1910 farmhouse, to be exact. When we bought the house, I was inspired to blog about the renovations/restoration. I think it went pretty well, especially since I really didn't expect anyone to read it. My friends showed up for me along with a few new faces and I was thrilled to know that there was interest in the house. Y'all, we hit a few small road bumps with the house and then I honestly didn't know what to write. Fear entered the picture and took over my ability and willingness to continue. I realized that my diary was public and I choked. Simple as that. Am I the only one in the entire world who has ever felt that way? I actually feel my throat closing up right now. Nope. DO THE THING.

I'm starting again and I need a new blog name since 8 years have passed by and now Grateful Farmhouse is used by others who actually followed through with their dreams. I am still truly grateful for this farmhouse, but a fresh start deserves a new name. Any thoughts?

Thank you for reading, I mean it. We have a lot to catch up on!

-Jen

Comments

Popular Posts